Empirical Legal Research Network
University of Edinburgh
The Empirical Legal Research Network (ELRN) was established in February 2009. The current convenor is Edward Dove.
- serves as a nexus for those interested in empirical research and the study of law in society;
- facilitates transdisciplinary research collaboration on topics relating to law in the real world and disseminates the results of such research to the community within and beyond the University of Edinburgh;
- provides a resource of methodological skills and legal expertise which can be drawn on by academics, policymakers and practitioners;
- supports and encourages a range of specialist training and knowledge exchange activities.
Research undertaken by members of ELRN crosses a range of disciplines and subjects but has four inter-related areas of concern:
- institutional and professional cultures, frameworks and practices;
- communities, human geography and built environments;
- families and relationships; and
- individual health, identity and well-being.