The SLSA runs the following funding schemes:
- Research Training Grants – supporting capacity-building through training in social science research methods and the use of data analysis software. Closing date: 1 June.
- Impact Grants – supporting impact activities, including public engagement initiatives. Closing date: 31 May.
- International Collaboration Funding Scheme – supporting SLSA members to undertake collaborative activities aimed at building connections with socio-legal scholars and socio-legal communities beyond the UK. Closing date: 31 October
- Seminar Competition – supporting the delivery of either an individual seminar or short conference, or a series of events. Closing date: third Monday in December each year.
- Stream Convenor Impact Funding – helping to create capacity-building and networking opportunities to develop pathways towards impact. Recognising the important role that SLSA stream, theme and ‘current topic’ convenors have in acting as a focal point for bringing members together in key areas, this is an open call with submission invited before each meeting of the SLSA Board.