Centre for Information Rights
University of Winchester
The Centre for Information Rights (CIR), based in the Department of Law at the University of Winchester, was launched in 2012.
The CIR aims to:
- provide a focus for research in information rights and in particular to examine the overlap between information and privacy law, and new technologies and methods of data analysis;
- contribute to developing policy and practice;
- explore ways of exchanging knowledge with subject matter experts, practitioners, students and other academics;
- contribute to training and educational activities;
- and engage with the local and wider community to provide opportunities for information issues to be debated.
Members of the CIR edit the interdisciplinary online journal, Information Rights, Policy & Practice and organise the annual Conference on Trust, Risk, Information and the Law (TRILCon).